Recall the topic and practice the math worksheet on area and perimeter of rectangles. Students can practice the questions on area of rectangles and perimeter of rectangles.
1. Find the area and perimeter of the following rectangles whose dimensions are:
(a) length = 17 m breadth = 13 m
(b) length = 6.9 cm breadth = 5.1 cm
(c) length = 5 m breadth = 32 dm
(d) length = 9 hm breadth = 7 dam
2.The perimeter of a rectangle is 230 cm. If the length of the rectangle is 70 cm, find its breadth and area.
3. The area of a rectangle is 96 cm². If the breadth of the rectangle is 8 cm, find its length and perimeter.
4. How many tiles whose length and breadth are 13 cm and 7 cm respectively are needed to cover a rectangular region whose length and breadth are 520 cm and 140 cm?
5. Find the cost of tiling a rectangular plot of land 300 m long and 150 m wide at the rate of $6 per hundred square m.
6. If it costs $1600 to fence a rectangular park of length 20 m at the rate of $25 per m², find the breadth of the park and its perimeter. Also, find the area of the field.
7. How many rectangles can be drawn with 38 cm as perimeter? Also, find the dimensions of the rectangle whose area will be maximum.
8. The length of a rectangular wooden board is thrice its width. If the width of the board is 120 cm, find the cost of framing it at the rate of $5 for 20 cm.
Answers for worksheet on area and perimeter of rectangles are given below to check the exact answers of the above questions.
1. (a) 221m², 60m
(b) 35.19 m², 24m
(c) 1600 dm², 164 dm
(d) 630 dam², 194 dam².
2. 45 cm, 3150 cm²
3. 12 cm, 40 cm
4. 800 tiles
6. b =12 m, P = 64 m, A = 240 m²
7. 9 if l, b ∈ W max area 90 cm², l, b = 10, 9
● Mensuration - Worksheets