Practice the problems given in the worksheet on addition and subtraction of polynomials. The questions are based on word problems on adding and subtracting polynomials.
1. Solve the following polynomials:
(i)Take –pq + qr – rp from qr – rp + pq
(ii) Take 5a + 6b – 3c from 3a + 5b – 4c
2. (i) How much is -3k less than 3k?
(ii) How much is 2a + b greater than a – 2b?
(iii) What should be added to 2p – q + r to make it p + q – 2r?
3. From the sum of 3x - 2y + 4z and 3y – 2z, subtract x - y - z.
4. Subtract a – 2b – c from the sum of 3a – b + c and a + b – 3c.
5. How much should a + 2b – 3c be increased to get 3a?6. The sum of two expressions is 3x2 + 2xy – y2. If one of them is 2x2 + 3y2, find the other.
Answers for the worksheet on addition and subtraction of polynomials are given below to check the exact answers of the above word problems.
1. (i) 2pq
(ii) -2a – b - c
2. (i) 6k
(ii) a + 3b
(iii) -p + 2q – 3r
3. 2x + 2y + 3z
4. 3a + 2b - c
5. 2a – 2b + 3c6. x2 + 2xy – 4y2
● Terms of an Algebraic Expression - Worksheet