Practice the problems given in the worksheet on adding and subtracting polynomials. The questions are based on different types of word problems on addition and subtraction of polynomials.
1. Solve the following subtraction:
(i) Take – (3/2)a + b – c from (1/2)a – (1/3)b – (3/2)c(ii) Take 1 – x + x2 from x2 + x + 1
(iii) Take 3a + 2b – 6c from 8a – 4b – 2c
2. (i) What should be added to 3m to get 5m?
(ii) What should be added to -p to get 4p?
(iii) What should be added to x - y to get 2x + y?
3. From the sum of a + b – 2c and 2a – b + c, subtract a + b + c.
4. Subtract the sum of p + q and p – r from the sum of p – 2r and p + q + r.5. The sum of two expressions is 5m2 – 3n2. If one of them is 3m2 + 4mn – n2, find the other.
6. From the sum of a - b + 11 and –b – 9, subtract 2a - 3b - 1.7.What should be added to m3 + 3mn + 2n2 to obtain 5m2 + mn?
Answers for the worksheet on adding and subtracting polynomials are given below to check the exact answers of the above word problems.
1. (i) 2a – (4/3)b – (1/2)c
(iii) 5a – 6b + 4c
2. (i) 2m
(iii) x + 2y
3. 2a – b – 2c
4. 05. 2m2 – 4mn – 2n2
● Terms of an Algebraic Expression - Worksheet